Sunday, November 19, 2006

A visit to my home town

You can only write when you are in a mood to write. At present I am not, but still I love to talk to myself and writing is one way I do it. It was a long time since I stayed at my home for such a long period (about 8 days). May be it was over 7 years. And to be back to your home is always wonderful. And I could not help myself being back at the house’s rooftop with my kites. It sounds so funny to me too, but really, home is where your childhood comes back.
This time my visit to Agra was full of small journeys, had to go to Election Commission twice. It was nice to see that people still want me there. I also went to Meerut and some Government offices. Luckily the things were taking place very smoothly. I realize the difference in the treatment, than the one, I used to get in these offices when I used to go to collect my TC or some other certificate as a student. I wish every one gets the same treatment in Government offices, but all your wishes don’t come true and this one won’t.
As a good news, on this 14th November (Children’s day), my mother was an invitee with some 20 other authors of children literature for a meeting with the President of India at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. She did not take me with her and I kept on complaining (joking). As a kid I used to go to her college with her on 15th August and 26th January and the staff used to give me sweets. This time I told mom that one day if my writing improves and if I get a prize then I will not take her to the award ceremony. She laughed, as we all know that I will never ever get a prize for writing, but I am proud of my mother. She has been awarded prize and memento by both the Prime Minister and the President now.
Now in Ahmedabad- Back to academics or back to classroom and to the ‘great’ professors’ wisdom. May be here I will get more characters and plots for my writings and, one never knows, may be some day one of them will get me a prize for writing. And yes, I have written some more of my LBSNAA memoirs but it's too much to type.

No comments: