Sunday, October 15, 2006

'chand sher
(A few couplets)
Kya hasraton ki baat karen, kya dil ka fasaana,
Unko nahin hai fursat, duniya ko kya bataana.

(Why should I discuss my desires, or the story (plight) of my heart

Why should I tell the whole world, when the beloved is not bothered)

Jo dard-e-dil na samjhe woh ishq kya karenge,

'Asir' Mashooq ko dil-daar kahte hain.

(One who does not understand the pain of the heart can not love,

'Asir' (captive) says that the beloved is one who has a large heart)

Kitne bhole hain woh jo hamen dekh muskaate hain,

Koi pooche unse kangalon pe moti kyon lutaate hain?

(Look at the innocence , when my beloved smiles to me,

Ask my beloved why the pearls are being wasted upon the wretched)

Hum hanste rahe, hum hansaate rahe, hum samne jahaan ke muskraate rahe,

Din bhar to tujhe hum bhulate rahe, par raat bhar aansoo bahate rahe.

(I laughed, smiled and made others laugh with me, throughout the day

I tried to forget you this way, but alas! at night couldn't stop the tears)

No comments: